Osmosis is more than a health education platform. It's a movement that aims to empower the world's clinicians and caregivers with the best learning experience possible. We are grateful to have an engaged audience of hundreds of thousands of current & future health professionals as well as patients and their family members.
We invite current Osmosis Prime members to apply to be an Osmosis Medical Education Fellow (OMEF). This is a competitive application and we will only be accepting 1-2 students per school (see eligibility criteria below).
The application form is available here: https://forms.gle/2G14CjyaxpFJjNrk6.
The deadline to apply is January 24, 2020 at 11:59 pm ET. Priority will be given to applicants who apply early.
- First or second year medical student (MD/DO/MBBS) in good academic standing.
- Current Osmosis Prime Member. You must be a current Osmosis Prime member who has a demonstrated appreciation for our content, platform, and its capabilities and who has explored and engaged with our platform extensively.
- Belief in the Osmosis Vision & Mission. We have embedded our 3.5 minute vision, mission, and values video on our website (https://www.osmosis.org/about). We are looking for OMEFs who are aligned with our mission and driven to help us improve medical education for all.
- Be heard - You will be the main representative at your school providing feedback from you and your classmates to help us work to transform medical & health education.
- Lead at your school - Osmosis will empower you with tools to lead your classmates to stay healthy, learn medicine and build stronger medical communities.
- Help your classmates - Osmosis provides ample free resources that you'll be able to share with your classmates, helping them succeed at exams and in clinical practice as well.
- Get access to exclusive resources and Osmosis Staff - When we say resources, we don't just mean more videos or notes. We mean fitness classes, mindfulness classes, mentorship from practicing physicians and more. Enjoy access to these and more benefits!
- Get paid - Fellows will receive payment for completed activities. Payment varies by activity. Examples include: $50 USD to host an event, $25 USD for published blog posts. All OMEFs must attend kickoff webinar, complete surveys, and attend monthly meetings to be eligible for payments.
- Build your resume - This is a leadership & educational opportunity with ample potential to interview leaders in medical education, publish research, and receive a letter of recommendation from the Osmosis team.
- Receive Osmosis textbooks & swag - Osmosis will send you complimentary copies of the textbooks (books.osmosis.org) and swag (shop.osmosis.org) such as mugs, shirts, and stickers.
- Broaden your network - Make connections with Thought Leaders in Medical Education and fellow medical students. As your school's Fellow, you will be able to meet students (your future clinical colleagues) at different programs, as well as meet with Osmosis leadership and other leaders in Medical Education.
- Publish and present research - OMEF members have opportunities to assist with and publish research with the Osmosis Research team, which to-date has published 10 peer-reviewed papers.
- Publish blog articles - Osmosis has a large audience of medical and health professional students who are eager to hear your stories, tips, and advice.
- Attend Kickoff Webinar - Learn about Osmosis's platform and get to know the new features and updates!
- Meet once per month - We will host a one-hour meeting each month to share exclusive updates on the Osmosis product, content, and research efforts. There will be pre-reading and surveys that will streamline these meetings.
- Host two events at your school each semester - Serve as a campus leader and help us host Info Sessions, Trivia Nights, Study Sessions, and Wellness Sessions at your school!
- Participate in Referral Programs and actively share Osmosis with classmates - Help us educate more medical students by sharing free Osmosis with friends and classmates!
- Serve as a peer-to-peer resource - Step up and lead as an on-campus resource for classmates who have questions about how to best use Osmosis, how to learn and succeed in medicine.
- Provide feedback to Osmosis in required monthly surveys and in focus groups - We'd love to hear what is working and what can be improved so we can fulfill our mission of providing the best learning experience possible to clinicians & caregivers.
- Communicate on our community Slack channels and help us build a community - OMEFs have worked with us from all over the world! By joining our OMEF program we ask that you stay active in conversations and respond within 48 hours.
- Disseminate Osmosis books and swag - When we run school deals or visit schools we like to come with gifts! You will be the point person to whom we send these items, so you can distribute them to classmates!
- Share free Osmosis resources with your classmates - Osmosis provides plenty of high-yield and free resources, including hundreds of videos, the ability to create your own content, and e-books. You will periodically share these resources to help your classmates succeed.
- Contribute to our blog and research projects - Get published by contributing your written work or research assistance.
We look forward to receiving your application. For any questions please email [email protected]
Testimonials from other Fellows
Working with the Osmosis team on webinars, flashcards, and papers has been a great experience for myself thus far as I begin to forge my own path in medicine. Most importantly, they've helped me realise the extent of my passion for medical education, and have helped me reach clarity on my personal goals, values, and how I can bring them to fruition.
- Amreet Sidhu, MD, aka Brosencephalon
The Osmosis team is simply amazing! While at Oxford, I had the distinct pleasure of working closely with Ryan and Shiv [the co-founders of Osmosis] during a research project based on data from the Osmosis platform. Their support and encouragement was fundamental in getting my research published. This commitment to data-driven science as a way to truly improve medical education makes the Osmosis inner circle a refreshing and exciting team to work with!
- Ashwin Menon, Rhodes Scholar and First Author on paper in Medical Teacher
I started medical school with a simple goal, do well in classes so I can kill the STEP and become an MD. When I first met Shiv and learned about Osmosis, I not only found the way to achieve my goal of a high STEP score, but also opened my eyes to possibilities I had never considered. With the help of Team Osmosis, Emeka and I secured a presentation at Stanford Medical School’s MedX conference where we met with attendings, residents, medical school deans, and many other leaders in the realm of medical education. Being part of the Osmosis inner circle means staying up to date with research and presentation opportunities, early access to Beta releases to the platforms and networking with medical students throughout the world who want to make a meaningful change in medical education.
- Aaron Brown, MD Candidate
Osmosis is adaptive learning at its finest that accommodates to different learning styles. It's completely changing the way medical content is consumed and inspiring students like myself and Aaron to create technology for students by students that can meet learners where they are, by being flexible and portable. Thanks to the inspiration of Osmosis we applied to and got accepted to attend the Stanford MedX conference and continue to work to build tools for medical students.
- Emeka Ajufo, MD Candidate
I feel very fortunate to have been a member of the Osmosis team. Being a part of the Osmosis inner circle allowed me to interview my favorite leaders in medical education, which were then posted on the Osmosis website. I remain very close to these leaders, and to the Osmosis team - this unique opportunity to contribute to medical education has made the journey much more fun!
- Simon Downes, PhD and MD Candidate
Osmosis Vision, Mission, and Values