Our rapidly scaling medical education technology company is seeking a Question Writer to join our Question Writing Team. In this role, you will be working with the Question Writing Team to create top-notch medical education questions that will help train future health professionals around the world.
This is a hands-on position in a unique remote, start-up environment, so we are looking for a candidate who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to do the work and to collaborate with team members across the organization.
Our mission is to “Empower the world’s clinicians & caregivers with the best learning experience possible.” To this end, we have an audience of more than a million current & future clinicians as well as patients and family members. Our members of the Osmosis learning platform and video library use the product to learn efficiently & excel in classes, board exams, and in the clinic.
We are a team of creative, approachable, and driven entrepreneurs, researchers, and clinicians who are passionate about improving healthcare and education. At Osmosis, we collaborate remotely and value highly-motivated problem solvers who manage their time efficiently, communicate earnestly, work effectively, and understand the importance of life-work balance. We live by our 6 core values and do everything we can to make sure our teammates are successful personally and professionally.
About the Role
As a Question Writer, you will work closely with our Head of Question Writing to ensure that Osmosis has world-class assessments that will help train future health professionals around the world.
The responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Helping develop and curate the Osmosis question banks, including writing vignettes and/or comprehensive explanations that follow the Osmosis style guide
- Reviewing and editing content written by question authors with a focus on accuracy, precision, readability, and educational value
- Collaborating with an interdisciplinary team of subject matter experts, editors, illustrators, and students
This position is remote.
- MD (or equivalent) required, with strong medical knowledge (subject matter expertise)
- Ability to conceptualize, integrate, and teach complex medical topics
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Effective problem-solving skills and acute attention to detail
- Ability to provide, receive, and respond to feedback quickly and positively
- Proven history of working independently while operating within a team environment
- Adaptable. You are flexible and versatile with projects, goals, and strategies. You move quickly with change and stay open-minded
- Proactive. You are able to seek out new ways to help and problem-solve with your team members.
- Entrepreneurial. You are a proven executor and work with urgency to produce excellent results with limited time and resources
- Lifelong learner. You are actively consuming content (podcasts, blogs, books, etc) and applying these learnings in your work to make sure you are as effective as possible.
- A passion for Osmosis’s mission
- High performance on the USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 CK
- Prior health profession education experience
Osmosis is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
To apply, please submit:
- A cover letter with answers to the following two questions (100 words or less for each question): 1) Why would you like to work with us at Osmosis? 2) Do you have any experience in health professions education and/or question writing?
- Official USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 CK score reports
- One sample medical education question (preferably that follows the Osmosis format)
Incomplete applications will not be considered.