Our rapidly scaling medical education technology company is seeking an Email Marketing Manager to join our Marketing Team. In this role, you will be working with the Growth and Marketing Team to design and execute strategic marketing automation and email, in-app, push notification, and other marketing communications plans targeted towards health professions students and institutions to drive revenue and growth.
This is a hands-on position in a unique remote, start-up environment, so we are looking for a candidate who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to do the work and to collaborate with team members across the organization.
Our mission is to “Empower the world’s clinicians & caregivers with the best learning experience possible.” To this end, we have an audience of more than a million current & future clinicians as well as patients and family members. Our members of the Osmosis learning platform and video library use the product to learn efficiently & excel in classes, board exams, and in the clinic.
We are a team of creative, approachable, and driven entrepreneurs, researchers, and clinicians who are passionate about improving healthcare and education. At Osmosis, we collaborate remotely and value highly-motivated problem solvers who manage their time efficiently, communicate earnestly, work effectively, and understand the importance of life-work balance. We do everything we can to make sure our teammates are successful personally and professionally.
About the Role
In this Email Marketing Manager role, you will work closely with our Director of Marketing and Growth and Marketing team to ensure that user communications are targeted and effective at acquiring, nurturing, retaining, and converting leads into customers to drive revenue and growth. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining a highly targeted and segmented user communications strategy across the board, from marketing automation and email to on-site and in-app messaging, push campaigns, SMS, and more.
The responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Strategize, develop, implement, and iterate on email marketing and messaging campaigns throughout the customer lifecycle to nurture leads and maximize sales for both B2C and B2B audiences.
- Create mobile-friendly email templates that render properly across a variety of email clients.
- Write clear, compelling copy and ensure that it is proofread for grammar and spelling.
- Optimize email and messaging campaigns through A/B Testing on various email campaigns to establish the most effective.
- Manage the email database, user segmentation, and audience targeting.
- Maintain database and channel hygiene to ensure deliverability of messages.
- Work closely with other teams to stay informed on important product updates, video releases, etc., and then communicate that news to our user base.
- Analyze, Measure, and Report performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals, and make recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure compliance with messaging and privacy laws and current email best practices.
This position is contract to hire and remote.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field
- Proven work experience in email marketing, lead nurturing, and marketing automation.
- Hands on experience with HTML, content management systems, and web analytics platforms.
- Excellent written communication and copywriting skills with strong attention to detail.
- Analytical skills and ability to translate complex data into actionable and profitable marketing plans.
- Proficiency in marketing automation technology
- Strong project management skills
- Adaptable. You are flexible and versatile with projects, goals, and strategies. You move quickly with change and stay open-minded
- Proactive. You are able to seek out new ways to help and problem-solve with your team members.
- Entrepreneurial. You are a proven executor and work with urgency to produce excellent results with limited time and resources
- Lifelong learner. You are actively consuming content (podcasts, blogs, books, etc) and applying these learnings in your work to make sure you are as effective as possible.
- A passion for Osmosis’ mission
- Previous experience in the medical and/or health education industry
- Ecommerce or Subscription Service experience a plus
Osmosis is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
To apply, please send the following to [email protected]:
- Answers to the following three questions (100 words or less for each question):
- What was a recent A/B test that you ran? What takeaways did you learn from the results?
- In your opinion, how often should you message users? Please explain why.
- Share an example of a good email you received. Why do you feel it’s successful?
Incomplete applications will not be considered.