Our rapidly scaling medical education technology company is seeking a Product Manager to join our Product Team. In this role, you will additionally be working with the Growth, Marketing, Content and Customer success teams to deliver the best user learning experience to our learners.
This is a hands-on position in a unique remote, start-up environment, so we are looking for a candidate who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to do the work and to collaborate with team members across the organization.
Our mission is to “Empower the world’s clinicians & caregivers with the best learning experience possible.” To this end, we have an audience of more than a million current & future clinicians as well as patients and family members. Our members of the Osmosis learning platform and video library use the product to learn efficiently & excel in classes, board exams, and in the clinic.
We are a team of creative, approachable, and driven entrepreneurs, researchers, and clinicians who are passionate about improving healthcare and education. At Osmosis, we collaborate remotely and value highly-motivated problem solvers who manage their time efficiently, communicate earnestly, work effectively, and understand the importance of life-work balance. We do everything we can to make sure our teammates are successful personally and professionally.
About the Role
As a Product Manager, you will work closely with our technology, design, and marketing teams to ensure that we continue to build our learning platform with our users in mind. You will help guide day-to-day and strategic projects leveraging key product metrics for the business to make just-in-time decisions and guide the evolution of the platform. You will work closely with our growth teams to incorporate user and customer experiences into the product direction, aiming to create an experience that will ensure that medical students will tell their friends about how Osmosis is the best way to prepare for exams and succeed. Our active marketing team will seek your help with translating campaigns to the product and engineering teams.
The responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement product strategies consistent with company vision
- Coordinate cross-functional teams to create product plans and roadmaps and communicate delivery for the product
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and end products. This may include both qualitative and quantitative research around feature utilization, user engagement, and customer satisfaction.
- Write user stories, and review deliverables from feature development teams to ensure products and releases are launched correctly and on schedule
- Collecting, monitoring, and reporting on key product metrics to support company revenue growth goals and tracking
This position is full time and remote.
- Bachelor's degree, ideally in computer science, engineering, instructional design, human computer interaction, or a related field
- 5+ years experience as a product manager or a similar role working with the planning, design, and development of consumer-targeted online products
- Demonstrable experience working with user experience teams and guiding efforts in visual design, and user experience to contribute new ideas to a roadmap
- Demonstrable experience working in an Agile or lean product development environment. You are flexible and versatile with projects, goals, and strategies. You move quickly with change and stay open-minded
- Demonstrable experience using analytics platforms/tools (Tableau, Google Data Studio, MixPanel, Google Analytics, Piwiq, etc.) to inform product decisions that you owned
- Entrepreneurial. You are a proven executor and work with urgency to produce excellent results with limited time and resources
- Studious. A keen interest in and deep understanding of web and mobile technology, particularly pertaining to an understanding of designing for learning experiences.
- Proactive. You anticipate problems before they arise and actively seek out effective ways to problem-solve and improve processes with your team members.
- Lifelong learner. You are actively consuming content (podcasts, blogs, books, etc) and applying these learnings in your work to make sure you are as effective as possible.
- Value-oriented. A passion for Osmosis’s mission, vision, and values as well as your daily work at Osmosis
- Knowledge of SaaS or subscriber based platforms
- Experience in education, health care, or related fields
- Experience scaling distributed teams with high growth products
Osmosis is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
To apply, please submit the following to [email protected]:
- Submission of an Osmosis "Spread Joy" e-card. At Osmosis we are working to develop the most caring people, and to this end have created the www.osmosis.org/spreadjoy tool for you to show care and spread joy. Please visit this page, create an Osmosis account, and send an e-card to someone and let us know what you thought of the experience. (200 words or less)
- One of the following two submissions:
- Sample Product requirements document / Case study (Preferred)
- OR answers to the following writing prompts (100 words or less for each prompt):
- Describe a time when you were deciding on a new feature for the product.
- How did you validate its usefulness for the customer?
- How did you weigh that feature against other product priorities?
Incomplete applications will not be considered.