Our rapidly scaling medical education technology company is seeking a remote experienced Senior Accountant, to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as the development of internal control policies and procedures.
This is a hands-on position in a unique distributed, start-up environment, so we are looking for a candidate who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to do the work and to collaborate with team members across the organization.
Our mission is to “Empower the world’s clinicians & caregivers with the best learning experience possible.” To this end, we have an audience of more than a million current & future clinicians as well as patients and family members. Our members of the Osmosis learning platform and video library use the product to learn efficiently & excel in classes, board exams, and in the clinic.
We are a distributed team of creative, approachable, and motivated entrepreneurs, researchers, and clinicians who are passionate about improving healthcare and education. At Osmosis, we value highly-motivated problem solvers who manage their time efficiently, communicate earnestly, work effectively, and value life-work balance. We do everything we can to make sure our teammates are successful personally and professionally.
About the Role
This Senior Accountant will work directly with the executive teams and department heads to implement systems, improve processes and establish accounting policies for the next stage of growth. The ideal candidate will manage the accounting/finance function for 2 start-up organizations. This will include overseeing the month-end close process, accounting operations including accounts payable, accounts receivable/billing, expense reimbursements, payroll, and stock option administration, tax compliance, and cash management.
The responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Manage all finance and accounting operations
- Monitor cash and funding balances and financial risk management
- Oversee the accounting operations of all brands, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies & procedures
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls
- Manage the annual financial statement audit including guiding the finance team through successful audits with external auditors
- Facilitate month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure accounts payable & receivable are paid in a timely manner
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of budget, financial forecasts, and report variances
- Prepare monthly financial statements as needed
- Prepare special reporting by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data
- Ensure that compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements are met
- Organize information and statements for audits both internal and external
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance or related major
- 5+ years of experience related to the duties and responsibilities specified, CPA a plus
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Proven success overseeing the execution and optimization of accounting operations and accounting close processes
- GAAP and related financial reporting regulations/standards required
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to work under pressure and cultivate key relationships as a collaborative business partner
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, and ability to influence others and interface with external contacts, internal management, and board members
- Fluency in Microsoft Office, bill.com, Expensify and G-suite (Google Sheets, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Adaptable. You are flexible and versatile with projects, goals, and strategies. You move quickly with change and stay open-minded
- Proactive. You seek out new ways to help and problem-solve with your team members. You don’t wait for someone else to pick up the slack.
- Entrepreneurial. You are a proven executor and work with urgency to produce excellent results with limited time and resources.
- Lifelong learner. You consume content (podcasts, blogs, books, etc) that is relevant to your craft, our company, and our customers and you apply these learnings in your work to make sure you are as effective as possible.
- A passion for Osmosis’s mission, vision, and values
This is a remote role but the ideal candidate will have the ability to commute into NYC one time a week. Must be authorized to work in the US.
To apply, please submit the following to [email protected]
- LinkedIn URL
- Spread Joy Submission:
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Osmosis is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
One of our values is to “Open Your Arms”. In line with this, if you have any specific needs that may require a different method for application submission, please reach out to us at [email protected].