Our rapidly scaling medical education technology company is seeking a remote experienced Senior Accountant, to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as the development of internal control policies and procedures. This is a full-time position that will be divided between two startup organizations.
This is a hands-on position in a unique remote, start-up environment, so we are looking for a candidate who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to do the work and to collaborate with team members across the organization.
Our mission is to “Empower the world’s clinicians & caregivers with the best learning experience possible.” To this end, we have an audience of more than a million current & future clinicians as well as patients and family members. Our members of the Osmosis learning platform and video library use the product to learn efficiently & excel in classes, board exams, and in the clinic.
We are a team of creative, approachable, and driven entrepreneurs, researchers, and clinicians who are passionate about improving healthcare and education. At Osmosis, we collaborate remotely and value highly-motivated problem solvers who manage their time efficiently, communicate earnestly, work effectively, and understand the importance of life-work balance. We do everything we can to make sure our teammates are successful personally and professionally.
About the Role
This Senior Accountant will work directly with the executive teams and department heads to implement systems, improve processes and establish accounting policies for the next stage of growth. The ideal candidate will lead the accounting/finance function for 2 start-up organizations. This will include overseeing the month-end close process, accounting operations including accounts payable, accounts receivable/billing, expense reimbursements, payroll, and stock option administration, tax compliance, and cash management.
The responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Manage all finance and accounting operations
- Monitor cash and funding balances and financial risk management
- Oversee the accounting operations of all brands, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies & procedures
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls
- Lead the annual financial statement audit including leading the finance team through successful audits with external auditors
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure accounts payable & receivable are paid in a timely manner
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of budget, financial forecasts, and report variances
- Prepare monthly financial statements as needed
- Prepare special reporting by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data
- Ensure that compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements are met
- Organize information and statements for audits both internal and external
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance or related major
- 5+ years of experience related to the duties and responsibilities specified, CPA a plus
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Proven success leading the execution and optimization of accounting operations and accounting close processes
- GAAP and related financial reporting regulations/standards required
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to work under pressure and cultivate and develop key relationships as a collaborative business partner
- Superior oral and written communication skills, and ability to influence others and interface with external contacts, internal management, and board members
- Fluency in Microsoft Office, bill.com, Expensify and G-suite (Google Sheets, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Adaptable. You are flexible and versatile with projects, goals, and strategies. You move quickly with change and stay open-minded
- Proactive. You actively seek out new ways to help and problem-solve with your team members. You don’t wait for someone else to pick up the slack.
- Entrepreneurial. You are a proven executor and work with urgency to produce excellent results with limited time and resources.
- Lifelong learner. You are actively consuming content (podcasts, blogs, books, etc) that is relevant to your craft, our company, and our customers and you apply these learnings in your work to make sure you are as effective as possible.
- A passion for Osmosis’s mission, vision, and values
This is a remote role but the ideal candidate will have the ability to commute into NYC one time a week. Must be authorized to work in the US.
Osmosis is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
To apply, please submit the following to [email protected]:
- LinkedIn URL
- Submission of an Osmosis "Spread Joy" e-card. At Osmosis we are working to develop the most caring people, and to this end have created the www.osmosis.org/spreadjoy tool for you to show care and spread joy. Please visit this page, create an Osmosis account, and send an e-card to someone and let us know what you thought of the experience. (200 words or less)
Incomplete applications will not be considered.