Our rapidly scaling health education technology company is seeking a People Operations Coordinator to join our People and Culture Team. In this role, you will be working with the People and Culture Team to help support, care for, and oversee people operations projects build a distributed organization.
This is a hands-on position in a unique, distributed start-up environment, so we are looking for a candidate who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to do the work and to collaborate with team members across the organization.
Our mission is to “Empower the world’s clinicians & caregivers with the best learning experience possible.” To this end, we have an audience of millions of current & future clinicians as well as patients and family members. Members of the Osmosis learning platform and video library to learn efficiently and excel in classes, board exams, and in the clinic.
We are a team of creative, approachable, and driven entrepreneurs, researchers, and clinicians who are passionate about improving healthcare and education. At Osmosis, we collaborate remotely and value highly-motivated problem solvers who manage their time efficiently, communicate earnestly, work effectively, and understand the importance of life-work balance. We welcome colleagues from various backgrounds, including We do everything we can to make sure our teammates are successful personally and professionally.
About the Role
As a People Operations Coordinator, you will work closely with our Head of People and Culture to ensure that our team has the support and resources they need to drive the Osmosis mission forward.
The responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Manage team member agreements and records with an extreme attention to detail; keep records up to date at all times
- Support compliance efforts including benefits reporting and policy enforcement
- Own and improve our team member onboarding experience to ensure each team member feels welcomed and integrated into our virtual culture
- Assist with implementation of internal programs such as wellness program, Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI) trainings, professional development programs, and other benefits programs
- Triage and respond in a timely manner to team member requests and help mediate or share any concerns appropriately
- Conduct regular check-ins with team members to build strong relationships with team members, develop trust and support deeper engagement
- Serve as a cultural ambassador within and outside of Osmosis by promoting the organizational values
- Assist the People Operations Team with administrative or data entry projects as needed.
This position is full-time and remote.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Familiarity with Google suite, Slack, HRIS systems, and Payroll systems
- Experience in People Operations, HR, Admin, Office management or equivalent
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Trustworthy. You have dealt with sensitive information with great care and understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality with personnel records.
- Adaptable. You are flexible and versatile with projects, goals, and strategies. You move quickly with change and stay open-minded.
- Proactive. You actively seek out new ways to help and problem-solve with your team members. You don’t wait for someone else to pick up the slack.
- Entrepreneurial. You are a proven executor and work diligently to produce excellent results with limited time and resources.
- Lifelong learner. You are actively consuming content (podcasts, blogs, books, etc) that is relevant to your craft, our company, and our learners and you apply these learnings in your work to make sure you are as effective as possible.
- A passion for Osmosis’s mission, vision, and values.
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Experience working with a high-growth startup
Osmosis is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
To apply, please submit the following to [email protected]:
- Submission of an Osmosis "Spread Joy" e-card. At Osmosis we are working to develop the most caring people, and to this end have created the www.osmosis.org/spreadjoy tool for you to show care and spread joy. Please visit this page, create an Osmosis account, and send an e-card to someone and let us know what you thought of the experience. (200 words or less)
- Answers to the following three questions:
- What are the key components to an excellent employee onboarding program
- What have you done in the past, or what can you do in the future, to help build inclusive and equitable distributed work environments?
- Describe a situation where you have dealt with a frustrated customer or colleague. How did you handle that situation? What did you learn from that interaction?
Incomplete applications will not be considered.