Osmosis LTI integration works with Canvas and Brightspace Learning Management Systems (LMS). You can search our library of thousands of videos, embed, and watch the visual medical education content in your LMS courses and modules. An Osmosis subscription is required. No additional login required.
How does this integration work?
Explore Osmosis videos. An Osmosis dialog will pop up and let you search and embed content into your course material. Your students can watch videos from within the LMS. You can use their Osmosis engagement in your assessments.
What is Osmosis?
Supplement your lectures with Osmosis content by preparing them with the foundations in medicine and healthcare education, taught in a visual way. Osmosis is geared towards medical and healthcare professional students.
To integrate your LMS with Osmosis, an LMS administrator needs to "add a 'virtual tool' to the LMS, entering the URL, secret and key. Once this is done, Instructors simply see the newly configured LTI tool as another tool or activity to be placed as a resource link in their course structure. The Instructors and students may not even be aware that the tool they are using is running out side of the LMS. They simply select and use the tool like any other tool that is built-into the LMS." (Reference here). Example configuration using Canvas.
- To configure Osmosis, we'll provide your administrator with a key and a secret. (reach out to your osmosis account manager if this haven't been provided already).
- Next, the school administrator will configure the integration within your Canvas or Brightspace using one of these two dedicated URL's:
- For Canvas (XML configuration url): http://www.osmosis.org/data/ltiConfig.
- For Brightspace (Launch url): https://www.osmosis.org/lti/selector
- For the best faculty experience please permit email addresses from coming in through your security settings.
- Once implemented within your LMS, faculty and administrators can search for and embed Osmosis videos.
Osmosis strives to create accessible content from the product to content delivery.
This application follows the LTI v1.1 specification and is fully compatible with the v1.2 specification, which includes OAuth 1.0 for authentication.
Please visit https://www.osmosis.org/privacy to find security information for Osmosis products.
Frequently Asked Questions
If my school gets set up with SSO, and we link an Osmosis Video URL from within our LMS, would that bypass students from having to sign in to watch the video?
- Prime videos require login, unless the embed was authorized through an LTI key.