Our rapidly scaling medical education technology company is seeking a Social Marketing Specialist to join our Marketing Team. In this role, you will be working across multiple teams to manage all social media marketing pages, content creation, and the scheduling of content.
This is a hands-on position in a unique, distributed start-up environment, so we are looking for a candidate who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to do the work and to collaborate with team members across the organization.
Our mission is to “Empower the world’s clinicians & caregivers with the best learning experience possible.” To this end, we have an audience of millions of current & future clinicians as well as patients and family members. Members of the Osmosis learning platform and video library to learn efficiently and excel in classes, board exams, and in the clinic.
We are a team of creative, approachable, and driven entrepreneurs, researchers, artists, educators, writers, and clinicians who are passionate about improving healthcare and education. At Osmosis, we collaborate remotely and value highly-motivated problem solvers who manage their time efficiently, communicate earnestly, work effectively, and understand the importance of life-work balance. We do everything we can to make sure our teammates are successful personally and professionally.
About the Role
As a Social Media Marketing Specialist, you will work closely with our Marketing team to create engaging content for our users in order to develop and execute content strategy to increase social media acquisition, engagement, and user conversion rates.
The responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Research, curate, and post relevant content for social media channels and coordinate scheduling with different team needs, including B2B, using social media management tools such as Sproutsocial.
- Develop social media campaigns for brand awareness, user acquisition, engagement, and user conversion on the following platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.
- Analyze and report on social media performance and trends as it pertains to acquisition, engagement, and user conversion.
- Coordinate with the Creative Team to generate images and content for all social media channels and collaborate with our medical content team to create relevant health posts.
- Create UTM links for each post to track data for each individual social media platform.
- Manage brand reputation on social media pages including responding to direct messages, comments, and posts in a way that embodies our company values.
- Communicate with users in a way that embodies our company values.
- Keep up to date with social media trends, best practices, and new technologies.
This position is a full time, contract to hire, remote role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience in social media planning, strategy, and reporting.
- Strong understanding of social media trends, strategies, and technologies.
- Ability to generate fresh and interesting content as it relates to our users and our brand.
- Capability to lead, prioritize, and deliver on multiple projects.
- Demonstrated success in keeping projects on track and on time.
- Data-driven and comfort navigating and utilizing various analytical tools such as Google Analytics.
- Experience working with the following social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest.
- Familiar with social media management tools such as Sproutsocial.
- Interest in honing your skills in social media and community building
- Empathetic. You understand where our learners are experiencing which informs how you approach your work.
- Adaptable. You are flexible and versatile with projects, goals, and strategies. You move quickly with change and stay open-minded. When needed, you are patient with changes and can go with the flow.
- Proactive. You actively seek out new ways to help and problem-solve with your team members. You don’t wait for someone else to pick up the slack.
- Entrepreneurial. You are a proven executor and work diligently to produce excellent results with limited time and resources. You are forward thinking when it comes to marketing, community, and culture.
- Lifelong learner. You are actively consuming content (podcasts, blogs, books, etc) that is relevant to your craft, our company, and our customers and you apply these learnings in your work to make sure you are as effective as possible.
- A passion for Osmosis’s mission, vision, and values.
Osmosis is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Must be authorized to work in the US or Canada.
To apply, please submit the following to [email protected]:
- Submission of an Osmosis "Spread Joy" e-card. At Osmosis we are working to develop the most caring people, and to this end have created the www.osmosis.org/spreadjoy tool for you to show care and spread joy. Please visit this page, create an Osmosis account, and send an e-card to someone and let us know what you thought of the experience. (200 words or less)
- Answers to the following three questions (100 words or fewer for each question):
- What do you like most about the Osmosis content on our social media pages and what improvements would you suggest to increase engagement and/or new followers?
- Who do you think is our biggest competitor? What differentiates our companies?
- Give an example of a successful social media marketing campaign that you ran.
- Part 1: What steps did you take and what tools did you use to ensure its success?
- Part 2: How did you measure the success of that marketing campaign?
Incomplete applications will not be considered.