Our rapidly scaling medical education technology company is seeking a Question Writing Manager to join our content team. In this role, you will be working with the Question Writing team to oversee the creation of high quality assessment items to help train future health professionals worldwide.
This is a hands-on position in a unique, distributed start-up environment, so we are looking for a candidate who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to do the work and to collaborate with team members across the organization.
Our mission is to “Empower the world’s clinicians & caregivers with the best learning experience possible.” To this end, we have an audience of millions of current & future clinicians as well as patients and family members. Members of the Osmosis learning platform and video library to learn efficiently and excel in classes, board exams, and in the clinic.
We are a team of creative, approachable, and driven entrepreneurs, researchers, artists, educators, writers, and clinicians who are passionate about improving healthcare and education. At Osmosis, we collaborate remotely and value highly-motivated problem solvers who manage their time efficiently, communicate earnestly, work effectively, and understand the importance of life-work balance. We do everything we can to make sure our teammates are successful personally and professionally.
About the Role
As a Question Writing Manager, you will work closely with our Director of Curriculum and our Question Writing team to ensure that the Osmosis question banks help teach and prepare students for their future examinations and health professional careers. You will be the lead in ensuring all questions are written, edited, and released according to schedule.
The responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Effectively manage a distributed team Question Writers
- Foster and encourage collaboration among the Question Writing team through meetings and feedback sessions
- Help develop and curate the Osmosis question banks, including writing vignettes and/or comprehensive explanations that follow the Osmosis style guide
- Review and edit content written by question authors with a focus on accuracy, precision, readability, and educational value
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team of subject matter experts, editors, illustrators, and students
This position is full time and remote.
- MD (or equivalent) required, with strong medical knowledge (subject matter expertise)
- Excellent scores for USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 CK
- Ability to conceptualize, integrate, and teach complex medical topics
- Exceptional written and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience leading and cultivating a successful team environment
- Effective project management skills and acute attention to detail
- Proven history of working independently while operating within a team environment
- Previous experience in medical education
- Ability to provide, receive, and respond to feedback quickly and positively
- Adaptable. You are flexible and versatile with projects, goals, and strategies. You move quickly with change and stay open-minded.
- Proactive. You actively seek out new ways to help and problem-solve with your team members. You don’t wait for someone else to pick up the slack.
- Entrepreneurial. You are a proven executor and work diligently to produce excellent results with limited time and resources.
- Lifelong learner. You are actively consuming content (podcasts, blogs, books, etc) that is relevant to your craft, our company, and our customers and you apply these learnings in your work to make sure you are as effective as possible.
- Value and Mission Aligned. You have a passion for Osmosis’s mission, vision, and values.
Osmosis is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Must be authorized to work in the US.
To apply, please submit the following to [email protected]:
- USMLE Step 1 and 2 CK official score reports
- One sample USMLE Step 1 or 2 CK question (preferably following the Osmosis format)
- Answers to the following two questions (100 words or less for each question): 1) Why do you think you’ll be successful in this role? 2) Give an example of how you would encourage collaboration in a remote work environment.
- Submission of an Osmosis "Spread Joy" e-card. At Osmosis we are working to develop the most caring people, and to this end have created the www.osmosis.org/spreadjoy tool for you to show care and spread joy. Please visit this page, create an Osmosis account, and send an e-card to someone and let us know what you thought of the experience. (200 words or less)
Incomplete applications will not be considered.