Our rapidly scaling medical education technology company is seeking a Script Writer to join our Content Team. In this role, you will additionally be working with the Content teams to deliver the best content to our learners.
This is a hands-on position in a unique remote, start-up environment, so we are looking for a candidate who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to do the work and to collaborate with team members across the organization.
Our mission is to “Empower the world’s clinicians & caregivers with the best learning experience possible.” To this end, we have an audience of more than a million current & future clinicians as well as patients and family members. Our members of the Osmosis learning platform and video library use the product to learn efficiently & excel in classes, board exams, and in the clinic.
We are a team of creative, approachable, and driven entrepreneurs, researchers, and clinicians who are passionate about improving healthcare and education. At Osmosis, we collaborate remotely and value highly-motivated problem solvers who manage their time efficiently, communicate earnestly, work effectively, and understand the importance of life-work balance. We do everything we can to make sure our teammates are successful personally and professionally.
About the Role
As a Script Writer, you will work closely with our script writing team, which consists of other script writers and editors. The script you create will be illustrated and turned into one of our amazing Osmosis-style videos! You might also be asked to revise scripts based on the feedback from doctors, nurses and other experts of their respective fields. Sometimes, you’ll be asked to participate in team meetings and discussions where you get to interact with members from the video team and many others.
The responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to
- Researching and writing scripts for video and other projects following the Osmosis style guide
- Editing and revision of written materials based on feedback from editors and experts
- Take part in team meetings and 1:1s with editors or team managers
- Collaborate with illustrators and voice over artists
This position is project-based and remote.
- Fluency in both spoken and written English.
- Strong writing skills, a commitment to excellence, receptive to constructive feedback, and an eagerness to learn new things.
- Completion of an advanced biology degree and/or pursuing/completed a degree in a healthcare or biomedical field.
- Preferred: Individuals with significant experience with writing essays, such as (but not limited to) degrees in English literature, history, journalism, or women’s studies.
- Familiarity with Google Drive and Google Documents.
- Ability to work remotely (you have stable internet, a computer, etc).
- Ability to work 10-40 hours per week most weeks.
- Entrepreneurial. You are a proven executor and work with urgency to produce excellent results with limited time and resources
- Studious. A keen interest in and deep understanding of web and mobile technology, particularly pertaining to an understanding of designing for learning experiences.
- Proactive. You anticipate problems before they arise and actively seek out effective ways to problem-solve and improve processes with your team members.
- Lifelong learner. You are actively consuming content (podcasts, blogs, books, etc) and applying these learnings in your work to make sure you are as effective as possible.
- Value-oriented. A passion for Osmosis’s mission, vision, and values as well as your daily work at Osmosis
Osmosis is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
To apply, please submit the following to [email protected]:
- Submission of an Osmosis "Spread Joy" e-card. At Osmosis we are working to develop the most caring people, and to this end have created the www.osmosis.org/spreadjoy tool for you to show care and spread joy. Please visit this page, create an Osmosis account, and send an e-card to someone and let us know what you thought of the experience. (200 words or less)
- Submission of a new sample script on basal cell carcinoma that resembles the style of our current videos. The script should be under 1000 words and include an intro, a physiology, a pathology, a simple diagnosis and treatment section, followed by a recap. Please cite your primary resources and include citations at the end of the script. It's highly encouraged that you become familiar with our video style before writing the script since we will be judging the script on how similar it is to our other pathology videos in terms of writing style, level of detail, clarity, accessibility, etc. You can use some videos on our youtube channel as a reference (https://www.youtube.com/osmosis), particularly the most recent ones.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.