Our rapidly scaling medical education technology company is seeking a passionate Data Analyst to join our team. In this role, you will be working with the product, marketing, content, and operations teams to help us build the most joyful, effective learning platform in the medical education space.
This is a hands-on position in a unique remote, start-up environment, so we are looking for a candidate who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to do the work and to collaborate with team members across the organization.
Our mission is to “Empower the world’s clinicians & caregivers with the best learning experience possible.” To this end, we have an audience of more than a million current & future clinicians as well as patients and family members. Our members of the Osmosis learning platform and video library use the product to learn efficiently & excel in classes, board exams, and in the clinic.
We are a team of creative, approachable, and driven entrepreneurs, researchers, and clinicians who are passionate about improving healthcare and education. At Osmosis, we collaborate remotely and value highly-motivated problem solvers who manage their time efficiently, communicate earnestly, work effectively, and understand the importance of life-work balance. We do everything we can to make sure our teammates are successful personally and professionally.
About the Role
As a Data Analyst, you will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. You’ll develop analysis and reporting capabilities as well as monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements. Your primary responsibility will be to work with stakeholders across business functions including product, growth, marketing, and operations to build analytics products that enable data-driven decision making. You will guide analytics projects from discovery to solution and help us raise the bar for how we should apply our data to business decisions. In this role, you will be expected to:
- Complete analysis projects with business stakeholders to monitor the health of the business and help the business make data-driven strategic, product, and operational decisions
- Develop and own business intelligence dashboards, visualizations, and reports to provide ongoing tracking and insights to the team
- Build and improve advanced analytical models for product and business use cases
- Collaborate with data engineer to improve data architecture and maintain a robust and accurate data warehouse
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Discover ways to use analytics to support team members across the business to yield action through data-driven decision making
- 2-4 years experience managing data analysis projects. eCommerce or SaaS experience is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excel at composing concise efficient SQL queries, writing reports and presenting findings with data visualization tools.
- Experience using a cloud data warehouse environment (such as BigQuery)
- Experience with Python and pandas is a plus.
- Working knowledge of business statistics and probability.
- Ability to build trust and communicate insights effectively with a variety of business stakeholders across analytical levels.
- Desire to be a partner to business stakeholders with a shared goal of using analytics and insights to drive the business forward.
- Communicator. Excellent communication skills and a willingness to give and receive feedback.
- Driven. Proactive and self-driven problem-solving with sharp attention to detail.
- Iterative. You deliver results quickly with iteration, instead of waiting for perfection.
- Adaptable. You are flexible and versatile with projects, goals, and strategies. You move quickly with change and stay open-minded
- Entrepreneurial. You are a proven executor and work with urgency to produce excellent results with limited time and resources
- Lifelong learner. You are actively consuming content (podcasts, blogs, books, etc) and applying these learnings in your work to make sure you are as effective as possible.
- Passion for Osmosis’s mission to provide your future clinicians the best education so they can provide you and your loved ones the best care.
Osmosis is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
To apply, please submit the following to [email protected]:
- Portfolio of any relevant work
- Answers to the following questions (50 words or less for each question):
- What was an interesting data problem you worked on within the last year? How did you identify and address it?
- Describe a situation where you did not have access to all of the data needed to triage a problem or analyze a situation, and how you adapted to it.
- Based solely on what you see on osmosis.org, how would you measure customer lifetime value for Osmosis?
Incomplete applications will not be considered.