Our rapidly scaling medical education technology company is seeking a Product Designer to join our Product Team. In this role, you will be working with the Director of Product and Creative Director to design and deliver the best user learning experience to our learners.
Our mission is to “Empower the world’s clinicians & caregivers with the best learning experience possible.” To this end, we have an audience of more than a million current & future clinicians as well as patients and family members. Our members of the Osmosis learning platform and video library use the product to learn efficiently & excel in classes, board exams, and in the clinic.
We are a team of creative, approachable, and driven entrepreneurs, researchers, and clinicians who are passionate about improving healthcare and education. At Osmosis, we collaborate remotely and value highly-motivated problem solvers who manage their time efficiently, communicate earnestly, work effectively, and understand the importance of life-work balance. We do everything we can to make sure our teammates are successful personally and professionally.
About the Role
As a Product Designer, you will be a member of the Product team and work closely with our Director of Product and Creative Director to coordinate within and across teams including customer success, marketing, and content teams to ensure that our learners receive the best user experience and learning experience possible by visualizing our backlog and roadmap. The ideal candidate will have a strong visual portfolio with demonstrated ability to perform user research, gather requirements, analyze and communicate findings, and to turn requirements into wireframes and prototypes applying best practices for usability, design systems, and information architecture.
The responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Help define and improve the interface and learning experience of Osmosis
- Create deliverables (journey map, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, etc.) to communicate ideas
- Perform user research to solicit feedback by recruiting users to meet for design sessions, test beta products, usability tests, and complete surveys
- Share findings with our team and explain how that will affect your design decisions
- Stay informed on the latest UI/UX techniques, tools, and patterns and integrate best practices into design projects
- Work with developers to iterate on and refine the current user experience
- Assist Creative Director with the creation and maintenance of UX documentation
- 2-3 years of design experience on a successful product team, preferably at an education organization
- Strong background of creating visually pleasing, intuitive, and efficient user experiences
- Ability to balance the needs of users with the needs of an organization
- Familiarity with tools like Figma and a willingness to learn new tools and softwares
- Passion for the Osmosis mission, vision, and values
- Negentropic. You bring order to everything you touch and have a keen attention to detail
- Communication Wizard. You can talk with learners, developers, and other team members to understand their needs, collaborate and find solutions.
- Adaptable. You are flexible and versatile with projects, goals, and strategies. You move quickly with change and stay open-minded
- Proactive. You are able to seek out new ways to help and problem-solve with your team members.
- Entrepreneurial. You are a proven executor and work with urgency to produce excellent results with limited time and resources
- Lifelong learner. You are actively consuming content (podcasts, blogs, books, etc) and applying these learnings in your work to make sure you are as effective as possible.
- Value Oriented. You share our values, and demonstrate those values in your daily work.
This position is remote and part-time.
Osmosis is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
To apply, please submit the following to [email protected]:
- Answers to the following question (100 words or less for each question):
- What question(s) would you ask a user to find out what they need? Why do you use those questions?